Saturday, April 30, 2016
Thursday, April 28, 2016
STANDARD CHARTERED KL MARATHON CLOSED REGISTRATION AS 35,000 RUNNERS SIGNED UP
Standard Chartered KL Marathon receives positive support and uptake from runners
There was also an initiative that gave participants of the 2015 race priority to register for the race. The move was warmly received as approximately 40% of the participants took up the opportunity to sign on for the race.
Rainer Biemans, Director of Dirigo Events Sdn. Bhd., Event Owner and Organiser of Standard Chartered KL Marathon, said, “The positive uptake shown by the runners deeply humbled us and we look forward to delivering a great race experience all the way to race day. We are encouraged by Standard Chartered Bank’s commitment to the Marathon and we would like to thank all runners and the Standard Chartered KL Marathon family of stakeholders, sponsors, partners and supporters for making the Marathon possible.”
Mahendra Gursahani, Managing Director and CEO of Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia said, “To see so many runners returning and motivated to join the Standard Chartered KL Marathon gives us an extra spring in our step in putting together a great race. We are pleased to be a platform for ordinary people to do extraordinary things, and we are proud to be part of their journey in encouraging the community to get involved in sports and adopt a healthier lifestyle.”
Interested participants of the Standard Chartered KL Marathon will still be able to take part through its Run For A Reason initiative where you could raise funds for a selected beneficiary. Information are as follows:
· Corporate Challenge – The 10 KM category is still available for registrations. All donations from the race will go to the Standard Chartered KL Marathon beneficiaries.
· Be a “Run For A Reason” runner – Limited slots are still available for individuals who are looking to raise funds for their selected beneficiaries. Runners will get to setup a fundraising profile page to share with friends, family and the public. Raise RM500 and you are entitled to receive an exclusive Run For A Reason t-shirt from one of SCKLM’s official charity partners.
· Supporting the “Run For A Reason” runners – Pick a charity that you would like to support, and make a donation to our “Run For A Reason” runners who have pledged their commitment to raise funds for their chosen beneficiaries.
This year’s participating beneficiaries for Run For A Reason are Standard Chartered Foundation (SCF), Hospis Malaysia, Yayasan Sejahtera and IJN Foundation.
Alternatively to be a part of the Standard Chartered KL Marathon, you could do the following:
· Be a volunteer – More than 1,500 volunteers are needed to help on Race Day and you can be one of them. Stay tuned to the Standard Chartered KL Marathon announcements on social media for volunteer registrations.
· Be a supporter – Cheer and support your friends and families all the way to the finish line in their race and add festivity to the event!
Rainer Biemans, Director of Dirigo Events Sdn. Bhd., Event Owner and Organiser of Standard Chartered KL Marathon also further added, “Running the race in the Standard Chartered KL Marathon is an amazing journey, and part of that journey involves preparing one’s mind and body. To help runners prepare for their race, we will be announcing dates of our Standard Chartered KL Marathon running clinics which will be led by our official coach, Mark Williams where he will share his experience and expertise to all runners.”
The Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2016 is made possible by title sponsor Standard Chartered Bank, and along with event owner and organiser, Dirigo Events Sdn. Bhd. and co-organiser Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur.
For more information and updates on SCKLM, please visit:
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/SCKLmarathon
Twitter : www.twitter.com/SCKLmarathon
Instagram : https://instagram.com/SCKLmarathon
Website : www.kl-marathon.com